What is Net Promoter Score (NPS)?
The Net Promoter Score (NPS) is a metric used to measure customer satisfaction and loyalty. It involves asking a single question to customers on how likely they are to recommend your product/service. It is answered on a scale of 1-10 to categorize customers as detractors (1-6, dissatisfied), passives (7-8, unenthused), or promoters (9-10, loyal).
Why is Net Promoter Score (NPS) important?
Net Promoter Score (NPS) is a widely-used metric that gauges customer loyalty and satisfaction. A high NPS indicates that customers are not only satisfied but are also likely to recommend the product to others. This word-of-mouth can be invaluable for business growth.
Do you need tools for Net Promoter Score (NPS)?
Investing in tools that enable you to track and monitor NPS surveys is worth the investment. Here’s why:
- Using dedicated tools streamlines the process of collecting and analyzing responses, saving time and effort compared to manual methods.
- NPS tools often automate processes such as sending out NPS surveys, collecting responses, and calculating scores. This reduces the chances of human error.
- NPS tools provide real-time data, allowing you to monitor changes in customer sentiment quickly and respond to issues or trends promptly.
- These tools often come with built-in analytics features that help you visualize trends, segment data, and gain deeper insights into the factors driving your NPS.
What are the best tools for Net Promoter Score (NPS)?
Now that you know why a tool for tracking and measuring NPS is important, it’s time to select one that can help you in this process.
- Userpilot: It is a product growth platform that assists in contextually triggering NPS surveys to specific user segments and translating them into different languages. With Userpilot, you can also analyze quantitative and qualitative responses.
- Hotjar: Hotjar is a behavior analytics and user feedback software that can create and implement NPS surveys directly within your application or website.
- StatisMeter: An excellent NPS survey tool that integrates with product roadmap tools and facilitates interviews with promoters and detractors.
- UserGuiding: Recommended for companies who are on a budget but still want to measure customer loyalty.
- Appcues: If you have a mobile application, then Appcues is what you need. It enables you to automate NPS surveys so you can collect feedback regularly.
What are the must have features of Net Promoter Score (NPS) tools?
Every business has unique needs so the ideal NPS software can differ. Here are some essential functionalities that a good NPS tool should have:
- Customization: A good NPS feedback software should let you customize the look and feel of your surveys to match your app, making them appear more native-like.
- Follow-up questions: The tool you select should let you ask follow-up questions to understand why customers gave their scores. This helps you dive deep into identifying and solving problems.
- Advanced triggering: To trigger surveys at the right time, such as immediately after a user completes a task. This ensures that you get feedback while the experience is still fresh in their mind.
- Advanced segmentation: To understand your customers by segmenting them based on their NPS scores and offer personalized support to improve customer experience.
- Analytics and dashboards: The best NPS feedback software has powerful analytics to track your NPS score over time and identify trends. It should offer a quantitative NPS dashboard and let you analyze qualitative responses as well.