What are In-App Surveys?
In-app surveys are surveys integrated into your app or page, allowing users to easily provide feedback without disrupting their experience. This feature offers insights into your user’s experiences, how satisfied they are with the product, and how likely they are to recommend it. You can even contextualize surveys based on certain actions or attributes to gather further insights.
Why are In-App Surveys important?
In-App Surveys are an efficient way to collect user feedback without disrupting the user experience. These surveys provide real-time insights into user satisfaction, feature usability, and potential areas for improvement. As such, they are an invaluable tool for any data-driven product team.
Do you need tools for In-App Surveys?
- In-app surveys are a cost-effective way to quickly and easily gather feedback at scale. Plus, with analytics tools, you can analyze the data effortlessly.
- With in-app surveys, you can find unhappy users and tailor their experiences to boost satisfaction.
- The user feedback received from in-app surveys allows you to validate ideas, identify areas for improvement, and ensure that you’re building the right product for your customers.
- Using user segmentation and product usage analytics together, in-app surveys can target specific user groups and get actionable user insights.
- You can automate the process of sending in-app surveys after a specific time period to get the latest insights.
What are the best tools for In-App Surveys?
Now that you know why in-app survey tools are important, it’s time to select a tool that meets your needs. Here are some top tools utilized by leading companies:
- Userpilot: It offers seamless integration of microsurveys into your product. With no-code survey templates, survey analytics, and advanced triggering options, Userpilot is a tool not to miss.
- Appcues: Tailored for those focusing on mobile experiences, Appcues lets you design and trigger customized surveys hassle-free.
- UserGuiding: A cost-effective tool for gathering user feedback through NPS surveys and other surveys.
- Pendo: A top pick for enterprise needs, Pendo Polls comes with in-app surveys, while Pendo Feedback enables you to collect feature requests.
- Qualaroo: With everything from thorough product surveys to cutting-edge AI Sentiment Analysis, Qualaroo is a comprehensive analysis tool.
What are the must have features of In-App Surveys tools?
When choosing an in-app survey tool, prioritize those that gather targeted user feedback and provide insights into unhappy customers. Additionally, also consider the following features:
- Segmentation: So that you can classify users based on product usage, demographics, customer journey stages, etc. This will enable you to collect targeted feedback from the right user group.
- Localization: For gathering true customer insight, ensure your tool translates surveys into various languages.
- Time-based triggers: Seek tools that trigger surveys at precise moments. For instance, after a user interacts with a feature to capture their experience with it.
- No-code microsurveys: Make sure your software covers a variety of surveys, including NPS, CSAT, CES, and others, without the need for coding.
- Pre-designed survey templates: Find tools that provide ready-made templates, but also lets you customize them to align with your brand.