Product Feedback Survey Templates for SaaS [+ Examples]
Looking to leverage the product feedback survey template to gather valuable insights from your customers?
Crafting an effective product feedback survey requires careful consideration. You want to ask the right questions in the right way to extract meaningful user sentiment insights. A product feedback survey template can help you here by streamlining the feedback collection process with the most relevant questions.
In this article, we will delve into the potential of product feedback survey templates and a comprehensive collection of them.
- A product feedback survey is a structured tool for gathering customer feedback on products or services.
- Product feedback surveys help you understand user needs, identify improvement opportunities, and improve customer satisfaction.
- The best product feedback survey templates include the following:
- Likert scale customer product experience survey to assess various aspects of the product experience using a rating scale.
- Smiley face customer satisfaction survey to gather user feedback using smiley faces to represent satisfaction levels.
- Customer effort score survey to measure the level of effort customers experience when using your product.
- Product evaluation survey to gather comprehensive feedback on specific product features or experiences.
- The product feature request survey to let customers provide feedback and ideas for new product features.
- Bug report survey to collect feedback on bugs, issues, or technical glitches to improve user experience.
- Product-market fit survey to collect customer feedback to assess the relevance and importance of a product or feature.
- Net Promoter Score survey to measure customer loyalty and likelihood to recommend a product or service.
- The best practices for customer feedback surveys are to trigger surveys contextually and keep them to the point.
- Jira, Grammarly, Slack, Miro, and Monzo use some of the most effective product feedback survey questions.
- You can book a Userpilot demo to harness its collection of product feedback survey templates by starting with them and customizing them to your needs.
What is a product feedback survey?
A product feedback survey is a powerful tool that serves as a structured means of collecting customer feedback regarding your product or service.
Product feedback survey use cases
You can use product feedback surveys to do the following things:
- Understand user expectations by gathering feedback directly from your customers about their preferences, pain points, and wants.
- Identify product improvement opportunities by analyzing survey responses about recurring issues, friction points, and areas where your product falls short.
- Build a product roadmap by incorporating customer feedback into your planning process and aligning product development efforts with customer needs.
- Increase customer satisfaction by actively listening to customers’ words and closing the feedback loop by taking actionable strategies.
Templates for product feedback surveys
Let’s look into some of the best templates for product feedback surveys.
Likert scale customer product experience survey template
A Likert scale customer product experience survey employs a rating scale to assess various aspects of the product experience. It typically ranges from “very dissatisfied” to “very satisfied.”
Likert scale customer product experience surveys collect quantitative data about customers’ perceptions of your customer experience. It acts as a structured approach to capturing the sentiment of your users. You can then analyze this actionable data to understand your customers and make data-driven decisions to enhance your customer experience.
For example, let’s consider you want to assess your customers’ overall experience with your product. In this situation, you can use the Likert scale customer product experience survey template to set up the survey easily. Deploying it lets your customer service team collect feedback on customers’ overall satisfaction with your product.
Smiley faces customer satisfaction survey template
The smiley face customer satisfaction surveys are a simple yet effective method for gathering user feedback. It uses a range of smiley faces that represent the different satisfaction levels.
Each smiley face corresponds to a sentiment ranging from highly satisfied to unsatisfied and visually represents user satisfaction. Smiley faces allow users to quickly and easily indicate their overall satisfaction with the product by selecting any smiley face.
For example, you have recently implemented a significant update in the UI of your product. Now, you want to gauge the changes’ impact on user satisfaction. Then you can use a smiley faces customer satisfaction survey template to instantly collect customer feedback about the update.
Customer effort score survey template
CES, or customer effort score, survey measures the level of effort customers have to put forth when interacting with your product. It asks your users to rate the effort required to accomplish a specific task or achieve a desired outcome.
A CES survey is a great way to measure the user experience and identify potential pain points. You then easily understand how much effort your existing customers put in and uncover areas where you may improve to enhance customer satisfaction and retention.
Let’s consider you’ve feature tags on your product. You now want to measure its ease of use and overall customer satisfaction. Then you can use a CES survey template to create and send out the survey and gain insight into the level of effort users give when using the feature tag.
Product evaluation survey template
The product evaluation survey helps you collect comprehensive expectations from users regarding their experience with a specific feature or product. This product survey collects feedback on desired outcomes of various key aspects of your product. It acts like a product testing survey that assesses your product’s performance and effectiveness.
Its templates comprise thoughtfully crafted questions that prompt respondents to share their goals, objectives, and jobs to be done (JTBDs). As you understand their intended outcome for your product from these product surveys, you can then target our offerings in that exact way.
To optimize your product’s value, you should ensure your offerings align with customers’ needs and goals. These product evaluation survey templates are useful to directly inquire customers about their aimed tasks and objectives from your product.
Product feature request survey template
This survey type empowers your customers to provide valuable feedback and share their ideas for features in your product. It acts as a direct line of communication between your customers and your product development team.
Using product feature request survey templates lets you easily create a collaborative environment where customers feel heard and valued. It fosters a sense of ownership and loyalty among customers while strengthening relationships with them.
Bug report survey template
The bug report surveys allow you to collect valuable feedback from your customers regarding any bugs, issues, or technical glitches that they encounter. It serves as a proactive approach to identify and address these issues promptly to ensure smooth user experiences.
Bugs can be costly for any product manager as they can hinder user satisfaction, impede workflow efficiency, and increase customer churn. Bug reports can help you here as a valuable source of information that lets you identify and solve bugs urgently.
You can use bug report survey templates to keep passive feedback options available for your customers. It’ll allow them to report as soon as they face any technical bugs while using your product.
Product-market fit survey template to collect customer feedback for market research
The product-market fit (PMF) survey templates can help you easily collect valuable customer feedback and insights while conducting market research. They allow you to understand the importance and relevance of a product or feature to your target audience.
The survey asks customers thought-provoking questions that assess their sentiments and emotional attachment to the product or feature. It enables you to identify potential gaps in your product from what the target market wants and needs.
For example, you can send this product feedback survey to any user who has used your product. Then you can gather honest feedback to determine whether your product has achieved market fit.
Net Promoter Score survey template
NPS or Net Promoter Score survey templates are valuable for assessing customer loyalty and satisfaction. This survey type provides insights into customer sentiment and their likelihood to recommend a product or service to others.
Based on the NPS response, you can categorize customers into 3 groups:
- Promoters – Score 9 – 10
- Passives – Score 7 – 8
- Detractors – Score 0 – 6
You can further utilize the score label of the respondents to do the following things:
- Set thank-you messages to promoters
- Use open-ended questions to identify improvement opportunities for passives
- Set open-ended questions to understand urgent issues and prevent churn for detractors
Customer feedback survey best practices
You can follow these best customer feedback survey practices to get better insights from your customers:
- Trigger surveys contextually by implementing user segmentation to target user groups or after user interactions when they are most relevant and fresh in the users’ minds.
- Keep your surveys short, concise, and focused on increasing response rate by showing you respect your users’ time.
- Avoid biased or double-barreled questions not to lead respondents toward a similar answer and not confuse them to provide inaccurate or inconsistent responses.
- Use the right tool to gather customer feedback with features like no-code solutions, contextual survey triggering, localization, translation, etc.
Best examples for product feedback survey questions
Now, we’ll go through the best examples you should follow to enhance your product feedback survey questions.
Jira asks for specific feature feedback
A notable example of specific feature feedback is Jira’s smiley face customer satisfaction survey in Jira. This approach lets Jira gain actionable insights for new feature releases.
It allows Jira to focus on specific features and gather targeted user feedback. It’s also convenient for customers to provide quick, straightforward feedback on a particular feature.
Grammarly triggers contextual feedback question
Another excellent example is Grammarly’s product experience survey with star ratings. Grammarly quickly triggers a feedback question when its users use Grammarly in another app.
It allows users to provide immediate feedback on their experiences while their feelings are fresh. As a result, the quick-to-answer nature of survey questions increases the overall response rate.
Slack personalized the intro to their NPS question
Slack uses a personalized introduction in their NPS survey question to build trust and a friendly tone. It sets clear expectations by saying the survey length will be 2 questions and the duration will be less than 60 seconds.
Furthermore, it assures respondents that it reads each response and that none will go unnoticed. The personalization and transparency of Slack increase response rates and encourages users actually to add more insights to the open-ended question.
Miro collects customer feedback via a passive microsurvey
Miro’s implementation of passive microsurveys is an effective example of collecting customer feedback. This customer satisfaction survey method features an always-on feedback button readily accessible within the platform. It also enables users to quickly send feedback and be a part of the continuous feedback loop.
Miro asks a smiley face product experience survey question that allows users to give feedback about their experiences. There’s also an option for qualitative feedback where users can share their thoughts about Miro.
Monzo uses a short and concise product experience question
Monzo’s contextually triggered survey is a well-designed customer satisfaction survey with emojis. This product experience question triggers contextually after a customer service interaction. Monzo further streamlines the process by asking short, concise, and self-explanatory questions. There is also a featured text box for any qualitative feedback from customers.
The right product feedback survey template can be a game-changer in collecting customer feedback for you. Whether assessing customer satisfaction, identifying improvement opportunities, or gauging product-market fit, you can utilize a perfect product feedback survey template!
Want to get started with a product feedback survey template? Get a Userpilot Demo and see how you can harness it to dive deeper into your customer insights.