What is Customer Feedback?
Customer feedback is any information provided by customers about their experience with a product or service. By analyzing customer feedback, you can reveal their level of satisfaction and pinpoint areas for improvement.
Why is Customer Feedback important?
Customer feedback is important if you want to truly serve your customers and come up with solutions that can solve their pain points.
Here is why customer feedback matters:
- Understand whether customers see value in your product and if it meets their needs
- Uncover weak spots of your product and bottlenecks that disturb the customer journey
- Make your customers voices heard and acknowledge them that they are important to you
- Collect real-time insights on the go as you’re introducing new features or product updates
Do you need tools for Customer Feedback?
Wondering why you even need a customer feedback tool? There are several reasons why you may need one:
Collecting customer feedback should be a standard procedure for any product team.It should be consistent and gained across different stages of the customer journey so you can measure customer experience in different situations. This might be time-consuming but thanks to customer feedback tools, the process can be hassle-free and literally without any coding.
Here’s how customer feedback tools help.
- Create different forms of microsurveys, such as NPS, CSAT, CES, PMF to collect contextual feedback
- Customize the surveys so they are aligned with your brand and match the interface of your app
- Segment customers by their feedback so you can create personalized flows for them
- Conduct a user sentiment analysis to understand your customers better
Now you might ask yourself, how to choose the right customer feedback tool for your SaaS? This is what we will be discussing next.
What are the best tools for Customer Feedback?
On the lookout to find the best customer feedback tools? We’ve curated a list of the best tools that are trustworthy:
- Userpilot: best customer feedback tool for creating NPS surveys without Userpilot branding and with NPS tagging capability
- Appcues: best customer feedback tool for creating mobile surveys
- UserGuiding: best customer feedback tool for creating different types of micro surveys
- Pendo: best customer feedback tool for feedback analytics
- Chameleon: best customer feedback tool for contextual in-product feedback
Let’s dive deeper into how each stacks up for different company sizes, budgets, and jobs to be done!
What are the must have features of Customer Feedback tools?
Before deciding which customer feedback tool works best, you should understand what features any solid tool must provide.
Here’s what to look for before making a buying decision:
- Make sure the tool you choose supports multiple forms of microsurveys. The most important and popular ones for collecting customer feedback include the Net Promoter Score, Customer satisfaction score, Customer effort score, product-market fit survey, etc
- You should also get customization capabilities so that the surveys you create match your interface and don’t look odd. No tool branding is also preferable
- Feedback analytics and response monitoring are the next key features if you want to not only collect feedback but also analyze it and understand the intent behind your customers’ scores.
- Integration with 3rd party survey and analytics tools so you can enrich your surveys to make the most out of the customer feedback
There you have it. These are the basic features you should be looking for, but the tool you should go with must be dependent on your specific goals. You might need a tool that must cover all of these features but if you don’t need complex features, you should be completely ok with a tool with limited functionalities.