12 Marketing Analytics Tools for Performance Insights in 2024
Good marketing begins with good information. When marketing is done right, people (and profits) will naturally flock toward your product.
Tools that host robust product analytics or create predictive analytics on customer behavior will provide that information, leading to marketing campaigns that are well-informed and crafted to garner the most engagement.
So here are 12 of the best marketing analytics tools for performance insights in 2024!
- Marketing analytics tools refer to software that monitors, analyses, and reports data about the performance of a business’s marketing.
- The best marketing analytics software possesses these must-have features: data collection, data visualization, and data customization.
- Userpilot is a DAP and business intelligence platform that specializes in user onboarding. See our pricing or get a free Userpilot demo!
- HubSpot is a powerful customer relationship management platform with marketing analytics software geared towards marketing data analysis. (Prices available upon request)
- Mixpanel is a product analytics platform pioneering event-based analytics that launched a new marketing analytics platform. (Prices begin at $20/month)
- Mailchimp is an email marketing and automation platform that provides real-time data for email and other data sources. (Prices begin at $13/month)
- GetResponse is a digital marketing analytics platform specializing in email marketing and automation. (Prices begin at $16/month)
- Google Analytics is a freemium analytics platform that gathers and analyses data using web analytics tools. (Freemium with paid pricing available on request)
- Hotjar is a web analytics and behavior analysis platform best known for its heatmap functionality in analyzing user behavior. (Prices begin at $32/month)
- AdRoll is a digital marketing analytics and growth marketing platform that measures marketing performance across different social media platforms. (Prices begin at $36/month)
- Semrush is a social media marketing analytics, competitor research, and SEO platform centering on online marketing analytics. (Prices begin at $109/month)
- Brand24 is an AI-powered social listening tool that uses machine learning to drive its marketing analysis tools. (Prices begin at $79/month)
- Emplifi is a social listening and business intelligence tool that assists business and marketing agencies with social marketing needs. (Prices begin at $2,400/month)
- Brandwatch is a media engagement platform specializing in social media engagement. (Prices available upon request)
What are marketing analytics tools?
Marketing analytics tools refer to software that monitors, analyses, and reports data about the performance of a business’s marketing efforts.
These tools offer a vast and efficient system of delivering crucial information on customer behavior. They provide valuable insights that allow platforms to craft effective, data-driven marketing campaigns.
Must have features of marketing analytics software
A variety of features differentiate other marketing analytics tools from each other. The best marketing analytics software shares most, if not all, of these must-have features.
- Data collection features. The most basic feature marketing analytics tools possess is data collection. Tools that collect marketing data from a wide array of sources have a competitive edge. The more nuanced the data collected, the more effective the tool is in offering actionable insights.
- Data visualization. Many marketers are ostensibly non-technical. A big factor, therefore, in choosing your marketing analytics tool should be its ability to offer advanced data visualization. It should have the feature to create reports like funnels, trends, and the like. The easier to read and interpret, the better.
- Data customization. The best marketing analytics software collects marketing data and puts that data in context. The ability to customize how data is interpreted is a vital feature. Segmentation, for example, assists marketers in crafting personalized marketing campaigns for their various customer segments.
Best marketing analytics tools for SaaS marketing data
Gathering data is the first step in improving marketing campaigns through data-driven decision-making. For tools that offer the best solutions for collecting SaaS marketing data, here are our recommendations!
Userpilot is a digital adoption (DAP) and business intelligence platform that specializes in user onboarding, with marketing analytics tools that assist in making smart marketing decisions.
- A/B testing. Userpilot offers A/B testing functionality. This feature allows you to create separate marketing materials and find the most effective one for reaching your customers. This also gives you insight into user behavior, leading to more streamlined marketing flows.
- Customizable analytics. Userpilot’s customizable analytics dashboard lets you understand the overall impact of your marketing strategies from a variety of angles. You can create reports like funnels, trends, and paths that present a clear picture of your marketing campaign’s effectiveness.
- Campaign engagement analysis. Userpilot’s built-in dashboards also conduct campaign engagement analytics. When releasing new features, for example, Userpilot’s core feature engagement dashboard presents a clear assessment of how well its marketing campaign performed.
Here’s an overview of Userpilot’s pricing plans:
- Starter. Starts at $249/month and supports up to 250 survey responses per month, 10 user segments, 15 feature tags, a built-in NPS dashboard, and access to third-party integrations (except HubSpot/Salesforce).
- Growth. Starts at $499/month and includes everything in Starter plus unlimited feature tagging, an in-app resource center, A/B testing options, AI-powered content localization, event-based content triggers, a dedicated customer success manager, and extra integrations like HubSpot/Salesforce.
- Enterprise. Uses quote-based pricing and includes enterprise features such as custom roles, permission management, premium integrations, priority support, activity logs, security audits, SOC 2/GDPR compliance, and more.
HubSpot is a powerful customer relationship management platform with marketing analytics software geared towards marketing data analysis.
- Easy-to-use dashboard. HubSpot takes raw marketing data and consolidates all of it into a simple user interface that’s easy to read for even non-technical marketers. Because HubSpot uses a single dashboard, building a marketing strategy comes easier with marketing reporting found in only one location instead of several disconnected systems.
- Detailed marketing reports. HubSpot is capable of conducting data analysis — taking marketing data from various sources like website analytics, emails, social media platforms, and much more — and interpreting data into a variety of custom reports.
- Performance metrics. Track website visitors and monitor conversion rates, sessions, and other performance metrics with HubSpot’s metrics feature.
HubSpot offers two paid plans for its marketing analytics tools (starting at Professional’s $800/month up to Enterprise’s $1,600/month) that are billed annually. This pricing does not include a required, one-time onboarding fee, which is different for each tier. HubSpot also offers tools — including marketing tools — for free, as well as a general starter plan for $18/month billed annually.
Mixpanel is a product analytics platform pioneering event-based analytics that recently launched a powerful marketing analytics platform for marketing teams.
- Data analysis and insights. Mixpanel’s insights tool lets you create a variety of reports and project a visual representation of your data. The large amount of data collected from Mixpanel’s event-based data model is processed and then visually projected, offering insight into user behavior.
- Custom buckets. This feature, launched only last year, is a powerful segmentation tool from the get-go. Rather than a large set of segments, Mixpanel grouped similar segments into “buckets”, making the feature more readily accessible for technical and non-technical team members alike.
- Ad network integration capabilities. Mixpanel lets you access data sources like Google ads as well as other social media platforms like Facebook or LinkedIn. Data analysis from these high-traffic platforms is a great source of insight regarding, for instance, the effectiveness of marketing.
Mixpanel offers two paid plans (Starting at Growth’s $20/month up to Enterprise’s $833/month) as well as a free plan. Mixpanel also offers the first year of its paid plans for free to startups that started less than 5 years ago.
Best email marketing analytics tools for campaign performance
A bunch of leads continue to come from email marketing. If what you’re looking for is proper marketing analytics software that offers email marketing analytics tools, here are our recommendations!
Mailchimp is an email marketing and automation platform, with a marketing analytics platform that provides real-time data for email as well as other data sources.
- Real-time data collection and analysis. This marketing analytics tool collects real-time data across different platforms — from email marketing campaigns to other social media marketing data. This data allows you to make more informed decisions about your digital marketing decisions.
- Marketing reporting. Mailchimp lets you create marketing reports from data that was analyzed and segmented according to different attributes, like purchases, repeat customers, and other metrics. Mailchimp makes analyzing customer behavior possible and fruitful.
- Benchmarks. See how you compare to the industry standard with Mailchimp’s benchmark feature, so you can optimize marketing strategies toward trends that lead to higher engagement.
Mailchimp offers three paid plans (starting at Essential’s $13/month up to Premium’s $175/month) billed annually, as well as a free plan. All tiers begin with a maximum of 500 contacts. Prices for all tiers also scale up as the maximum number of contacts increases (excluding the Free plan that’s capped at 500).
GetResponse is a digital marketing analytics platform specializing in email marketing and automation.
- Email marketing analytics. Gather data on many events regarding emails you sent with GetResponse’s digital marketing analytics tools. Understand the factors that drive your email list’s engagement and craft your emails that encourage the most interactions for your business.
- Email marketing optimization. GetResponse lets you run A/B tests with their platform, providing digital marketing analytics tools that show what works for your audience. With this data, you can optimize your content to maximize customer engagement.
- Digital marketing reports. GetResponse gathers data from your email marketing analytics and consolidates them into different reports that provide insight into what drives customer engagement for your business. All this extensive data is found in a single, accessible dashboard
GetResponse offers four paid plans (starting at around Email Marketing’s $16/month up to GetResponse MAX’s $999/month) billed annually. The first three payment tiers come at a maximum of 1,000 contacts. Scaling up comes with an increase in the annual subscription price. You can sign up for a free account and get access to 30 days of premium features, and a stripped-down lite version once 30 days are up.
Best web analytics tools to gather insights for marketing campaigns
You can only catch lightning in the bottle for so long. The best marketing strategies involve learning from what works in the past and applying them in the next marketing campaign. For the top marketing analytics tools when it comes to data analytics for marketing campaigns, here are our recommendations!
Google Analytics is a freemium analytics platform that gathers and analyses data using web analytics tools.
- Customer-centric metrics. Google Analytics acts similarly to data warehouses, storing data from across different platforms, social media sites, and apps. You can also siphon this data into Google Data Studio (aka Looker Studio) to bring them to life in a visual report.
- Customer insights. Google Analytics prides itself on a free platform that offers data analytics tools for understanding user behavior. With customer insights, understand the customer journey and other interesting user behaviors and design a marketing strategy around them.
- Machine learning integration capabilities. AI integration is built into Google Analytics system, allowing you to take data and anticipate future user actions. Maximize what you do with your data by using predictive analytics capabilities via machine learning to do work you wouldn’t have done.
Google Analytics operates a freemium model for its prices. Its paid version, called Google Analytics 360, is available for enterprises upon request.
Hotjar is a web analytics and behavior analysis platform best known for its heatmap functionality in analyzing user behavior.
- Heatmaps. Heatmaps were pioneered by Hotjar, using the common convention of visualizing gradation and overlaying it over the user interface. This highly intuitive visual representation provides crucial information for when most users drop off, and where they’re most drawn to when interacting on your platform.
- Session recordings. Hotjar’s session recording tool lets marketing teams delve deeper into user behavior. While guaranteeing data security, this tool allows you to see a playback of actual user actions. Go deep into analyzing user behavior after coming from multiple marketing channels.
- Instant Feedback. Get first-hand data from users themselves as they interact with your platform. Hotjar’s instant feedback feature allows you to integrate feedback forms within your user interface. Users can hover over the feedback form and express their thoughts on their experience.
Hotjar offers three paid plans (starting at Plus’ $32/month up to Scale’s $171/month) as well as a free plan and a 15-day free trial.
AdRoll is a digital marketing analytics and growth marketing platform that measures marketing performance across different social media platforms and more.
- Campaign performance through ROAS. AdRoll lets you track performance through the use of return on ad spend (ROAS). Set your parameters for customer conversion and let AdRoll do the heavy math for you. Your ROAS is easily visible through your campaign dashboard.
- Conversion tracking. Monitor your website traffic and track down how many of your website visitors converted according to your parameters. You can make this more systematic by hard-coding additional variables.
- Campaign reports. With AdRoll, you can take your data and place it into a variety of templated reports. If your business possesses multiple social media accounts, AdRoll can still take that massive data and place it into relevant reports that reflect how well your campaign performed.
AdRoll offers a pay-as-you-go payment plan for basic features, a $36 monthly subscription plan for more advanced features, and a quote-based model for full access to all of AdRoll’s features. AdRoll also offers a 15-day free trial for its monthly subscription plan.
Semrush is a social media marketing analytics, competitor research, and SEO platform centering on online marketing analytics.
- Diverse SEO analytics. Semrush possesses a diverse set of search engine optimization tools that help boost visibility. Similar to Google Search Console, Semrush assists in improving your rank by comparing SEO keywords from the top-ranking organic competitors as well as other ideas.
- Traffic analytics tools. Analyze potential and prospective partner websites with Semrush’s traffic analytics tool. Take note of potential growth, monitor performance, identify trends, and evaluate places of interest that you can use to your advantage.
- Competitor research. Keep up with competitors or find how you stack up against global trends with Semrush’s robust competitor research feature. Know what your competitors are doing when it comes to marketing activities and imitate — or improve — their iterations.
Semrush offers three paid plans (starting at Pro’s ~$109/month up to Business’s ~$417/month) and a 7-day free trial for their first two tiers.
Best analytics tools for tracking social marketing efforts
Social media has become the new city square, and thus, the new frontier for marketing. Investing in social media marketing activities is wise, and yet we must tread carefully. For marketing analytics software tools that offer tracking of social marketing efforts, here are our recommendations!
Brand24 is an AI-powered social listening tool that uses machine learning to drive its marketing analysis tools.
- Mention analysis. Brand24’s marketing tools scour social media for mentions of your product. Have your marketing managers engage in mentions and comments about your product across different marketing channels in real time. Protect your brand, or promote it — all in one location.
- Social media sentiment analytics. Leveraging the use of AI, Brand24’s sentiment analytics tags mentions with a certain sentiment, allowing you to react quickly and in the most appropriate way. Address problematic areas and provide data to boost your digital marketing efforts.
- Data report filtering. Brand24 will manage data, take insights, and let you filter reports to get data that’s relevant to you. Zero in on more nuanced parameters and boost business intelligence efforts with more intricate results for your team to mull over.
Brand24 offers four paid plans (starting at Individual’s $79/month up to Enterprise’s $399/month) billed annually, as well as a 14-day free trial.
Emplifi is a social listening and business intelligence tool that assists businesses and marketing agencies with social marketing needs.
- Extensive insights. Emplifi lets you derive data from across different social platforms — be they blog posts, social media, news, or forums — and analyze how your product is perceived. Craft a comprehensive marketing mix from these insights and increase marketing engagement.
- Trends alerts. Be alerted to upcoming trends and changes in online activity with Emplifi’s social trend spike alerts feature. Stay ahead of the curve or jump the line and ride the wave of social media’s ever-changing digital landscape.
- AI integration. Emplifi’s AI integration keeps it level with other marketing platforms when it comes to automation. Get a sentiment analysis without employing marketing agencies, or auto-tag sentiments at the push of a button.
Emplifi offers four paid plans. Its cheapest plan, called Essential, comes at $2,400/month billed annually. The higher three payment tiers operate on a quote-based model. You can also book a free trial by contacting their sales department.
Brandwatch is a media engagement platform specializing in social media engagement.
- Social listening. Like other marketing analytics platforms of its type, Brandwatch’s strengths fall under social media engagement. Its social listening feature lets you keep track of new trends and create strategies that take advantage of the rising trends in the social media landscape.
- Performance benchmarking. Brandwatch lets you gauge your campaign performance from across different channels in one customizable dashboard. Brandwatch also lets you compare your performance with your competitors and create benchmarks to surpass for your next campaign.
- Cross-platform inbox. Brandwatch lets you communicate with your audience directly. Get first-hand feedback from your users from across different platforms — from mobile apps to social networking sites. Create a single unified voice for all your platforms, maintaining your brand identity.
Brandwatch offers a quote-based pricing model for all of its plans. You can book a free demo by contacting their sales department.
As you can see, marketing analytics platforms offer a competitive edge in providing business intelligence that optimizes marketing efforts. From personalized marketing campaigns to customer journey customization, these tools guarantee that each marketing decision is well-informed and geared to succeed.
Cut out the guesswork this 2024! Sign up for a free Userpilot demo today and experience the world of data-driven marketing analytics!