20 Product Manager Blogs Worth Following in 2023
Do you follow any product manager blogs? Would you like to discover new ones that will give you valuable insights into product management?
If yes, you are in the right place! In our article, we introduce 20 of our favorite product manager blogs that every product pro should follow, regardless of their experience.
- Product manager blogs offer practical advice and help you expand your product management knowledge.
- Blog posts are easier to publish so the content is more likely to be up-to-date, but you need to be careful to follow only good quality blogs.
- We’ve chosen the 20 best product management blogs that will help you keep your knowledge current and grow as a product manager.
Our favorite product management blogs
- Userpilot publishes well-researched and in-depth articles on all aspects of product management including product growth, retention, and adoption.
- The SVPG delivers quality product management articles by well-known writers, including the founder Marty Cagan.
- Amplitude blog focuses on data analytics in product management.
- Product Talk posts come from Teresa Torres, the Continuous Product Discovery champion.
- The Product Manager HQ Blog can bring new product managers up to speed on the most fundamental product management concepts.
- The Product Collective blog offers lots of practical advice like early-career tips.
- Ken Norton offers lots of valuable insights based on years of experience in his Bring the Donuts product manager blog.
- Startup product managers will learn a lot from the Review – blog from the First Round.
- Hacker Noon blog articles deliver a wealth of technical insights.
- The Mind the Product blog is another way of supporting their huge product community.
- Product Coalition publishes the most popular one of the product manager blogs on our list.
- The Reforge blog helps product managers with topics like analytics, team management and development, product leadership, or product strategy.
- Lokalize blog which focuses on… localization.
- Women in Product aims to empower female product managers and the blog is one of the channels they use.
- The Product Board blog deals not only with roadmaps but also other aspects of product management like product-led growth.
- Product Hunt Stories include news, opinions, interviews, and how-to guides.
- Product Plan blog offers insights into a full spectrum of product management topics like leadership, product discovery, and data analysis.
- Nir and Far covers a selection of personal and technical content, including posts on consumer psychology.
- OpenView Venture Partners’ blog offers insights into the financial side of running a startup.
- The Product Guy blog is different from other product manager blogs because it relies on videos to deliver its content.
Why are blogs one of the best ways to learn product management?
Blogs are one of the best, if not the best product management resources, that expand your knowledge in the field.
Quality product management blogs offer a wealth of insights and real-life examples from the most successful product managers out there.
Unlike books, product management-focused articles take relatively little time to produce and publish, so they help you to stay up to date with the latest developments and trends in the industry.
20 best product manager blogs you need to follow in 2023
Here’s a list of 20 blogs that you can trust for quality content and are guaranteed to give you unique insights into product management processes. Are you ready to dive in?
1. Userpilot blog – Thoughts about Product Adoption, User Onboarding, and Good UX
Userpilot is a product growth and digital adoption software.
It allows you to create highly customized onboarding experiences for specific user persona. It also offers analytical tools to track the performance of your features and run experiments to test the effectiveness of your onboarding.
The Userpilot content team delivers 50 well-researched and in-depth articles a month covering topics like user onboarding, product adoption, user experience, product management, SaaS growth, and many more.
2. Silicon Valley Product Group (SVPG) blog
The Silicon Valley Product Group (SVPG) was founded by product management guru Marty Cagan as a way of sharing his knowledge and experience with the community.
The SVPG regularly publishes quality articles on various aspects of product management. These are written by guest contributors and regular writers including Marty himself.
Whether you are a total newbie or a product veteran, you can’t really afford to miss this one.
3. Amplitude Blog
Amplitude is one of the most popular product analytics tools out there. It allows product teams to harness data to build excellent products.
Given that Amplitude is an analytics tool, it is not surprising that the main focus of Amplitude’s blog is on data.
If want to learn more about product analytics and how to use it to improve your products, make sure you follow this one!
4. Product Talk
Product Talk is a valuable resource for product professionals. If you would like to learn about iterative product discovery techniques, using experimentation to validate ideas, and making data-driven product decisions, you can’t miss this blog.
It’s run by Teresa Torres, a quite big name in the product management world. Many product teams around the world use her Continuous Discovery Framework and tools like Opportunity Solution Trees to build products that better solve the problems of their users.
5. Product Manager HQ
Product Manager HQ is a great resource for aspiring product professionals and those who have only just started their careers in the field. It offers certification programmes, organizes events, runs a job board, and has the largest product management Slack community.
The Product Manager HQ Blog focuses on the most fundamental product management concepts and so is a great source of knowledge and practical advice for new product managers.
6. Product Collective
Product Collective is another big product management community with over 20,000 Slack followers. They offer product leadership programs for aspiring PMs, organize Industry conferences, and their website hosts a job advertisement board.
The Product Blog contains articles on the whole range of PM-related topics like product strategy, product development or product design. There are also articles with practical advice for product leaders on how to advance their careers, especially at the early stages.
7. Ken Norton’s Blog- Bring the Donuts
Ken Norton is a successful product management expert. During the 14 years he spent working at Google he was involved in the development of some of their flagship products like Google Docs or Google Calendar. Currently, he works as a product coach, writer, and speaker.
In his Bring the Donuts blog, Ken writes about a whole spectrum of product management topics… Personal time management, feature prioritization, product experimentation, product leadership… you name it.
8. First Round’s The Review
The First Round Review delivers great articles on a variety of topics for startup founders, product managers, investors, and marketers.
The personal and technical content is written by product professionals with a lot of first-hand startup experience and knowledge which makes it particularly useful for those trying to navigate the challenging landscape of VC and startup spaces.
9. Hacker Noon
While Hacker Noon publishes good articles related to startups and entrepreneurship. It’s tech-minded product team members that will find it most exciting. In fact, we’re pretty sure that even the most experienced engineers or UX designers will find their content useful.
If you would like to brush up on your technical skills as a product manager, this is a blog for you!
10. Mind the Product
Mind the Product is best known for its conferences, meet-ups and product career advice. They also run a very popular Slack community for product professionals.
The Mind the Product blog covers the full spectrum of product management-related topics. Their most popular categories include product management metrics and KPIs, product discovery, data-driven product management, product road mapping, and product strategy.
11. Product Coalition
Product Coalition is probably the largest of the product manager blogs we’re featuring. It attracts over a million readers every year and it’s not surprising at all.
The content written by over 180 writers is of exceptional quality and covers all aspects of tech product management.
A product manager will probably find the ‘how-to’ articles particularly interesting as they offer a plethora of practical advice on a full range of PM-related issues.
Reforge is best-known for its development program for product managers. It gives them a chance to develop their product management craft by learning from the most successful product leaders.
The Reforge blog posts offer practical advice and insights that both rookie and experienced product professionals will benefit a lot from. They cover topics like analytics, team management, and development, product leadership, or product strategy.
13. Lokalise blog
Lokalise is a localization and translation management platform.
14. Women in Product
The blog posts, written exclusively by female writers, offer unique perspectives on various aspects of product management.
Their aim is not only to educate but also to empower women in product management and help them thrive in what is still a very male-dominated sector.
15. The Productboard Blog
Their product management blog posts cover every imaginable aspect of the role, not just roadmaps. Product managers will find there insights into product-led growth, product-market fit, customer feedback, product management tools and resources, and many more.
16. Product Hunt
Product Hunt is a great space for product enthusiasts. It has a very devoted community of users who are extremely keen to share, discover and review new products.
The Product Hunt Stories include news, opinions, interviews, and how-to guides. The latter will be of particular interest to the product professionals working in the startup industry.
17. Product Plan
18. Nir and Far
Nir Eyal is best known for his book, Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products. The book introduces a hook model that enables product teams to develop addictive products.
In his blog, Nir shares lots of ideas and concepts from the realm of consumer psychology underpinning his model. He offers advice on such aspects of management and leadership as planning, collaboration, productivity, building relationships and product design.
19. The OpenView Venture Partners Blog
In the blog, they offer tech startups invaluable advice on how to improve their chance of securing funding. They also look into marketing, pricing, positioning, HR management, leadership – and many more.
20. The Product Guy
Who is the Product Guy? It’s Jeremy Horn, a product management veteran with 20+ years of experience in the industry. He has worked as a product manager at both startups and large organizations.
In his video blog, Jeremy shares his incredible experience and useful tips on various aspects of product leadership and management. The videos, which feature other product professionals, may not be long but they are sharp and to the point.
Product manager blogs are a great way of growing your knowledge and keeping up with the latest developments in the field.
If you would like to see how Userpilot supports product managers in their quest to develop amazing products, click the link to book a demo!