The 15 Best SaaS Blogs To Learn New Techniques and Make Data-Driven Decisions [+ SaaS Bloggers & Influencers]
Are you looking for the best SaaS blogs and influencers to follow in 2022? You’ve come to the right place.
We curated a list of the best SaaS blogs and influencers to help you learn more about SaaS and increase your revenue. We covered the best blogs on SaaS growth, product marketing, UX analytics, venture capital, and sales.
Ready to dive in?
- The Userpilot blog provides well-researched, in-depth articles on user onboarding, product growth, product growth, user experience, and so much more.
- The ProductLed blog is perfect for people who want to learn more about product-led growth.
- The Kalungi blog is focused on educating users about how to implement inbound marketing in their SaaS businesses.
- If you want to pursue a career in product marketing or seek more information on the concept, then you should read the Product Marketing Alliance blog.
- Hotjar’s blog covers user research, PX insights, eCommerce, CRO, user research, behavior analytics, marketing, and more.
- The Signal by Mixpanel is all about using data to build better products and help you convert, engage, and retain more users.
- The FullSession blog focuses on user analytics and building a digital user experience.
- The SVPG insights blog is great for product managers looking to stay up-to-date with the industry and advance their skills.
- The Product Management blog is perfect for individuals looking to start a career in product management and development.
- The Angel VC blog is devoted to discussing internet start-ups, SaaS, and early-stage investing.
- The Brad Feld blog is one of the best venture capital blogs dedicated to entrepreneurs and investors.
- Chaotic flow blog focuses on SaaS marketing, SaaS sales, SaaS metrics, and cloud computing.
- The Openview blog focuses on product-led growth, product & pricing, marketing, finance & operations, and many more.
- The Sales Hacker blog focuses on sharing actionable content that offers helpful tips and strategies to reach SaaS sales goals.
- The SaaStr blog focuses on SaaS-related content for different company stages.
- All the SaaS bloggers and influencers on our list have years of proven expertise in their industry and share insightful posts that can change your business for the better.
What is a SaaS blog?
A SaaS blog is a regularly updated website or web page filled with helpful information and tips on SaaS. For instance, Userpilot blogs about user onboarding, product adoption, product growth, and much more.
Why are blogs one of the best ways to learn SaaS marketing?
In order to fully understand and succeed in SaaS marketing, you must learn every day. Stay up to date on the latest technologies, growth hacks, and marketing strategies.
What’s the best way to accomplish that? Keeping up with the top SaaS blogs.
SaaS blogs can offer valuable insights into how you should run your SaaS business and implement marketing strategies. Why? Since they are written by successful entrepreneurs who want to help others succeed as well. Their focus is on providing data-driven strategies, not just fluff and guesswork.
15 best SaaS blogs you need to read in 2022
The internet is full of SaaS blogs, but you don’t have to read all of them to determine which ones are the best.
We’ve done the work for you.
We have hand-picked the 15 best SaaS blogs you need to follow and read in 2022.
User onboarding and Product adoption – Userpilot
Userpilot is a cloud-based product experience platform for product and customer success teams to increase product adoption and onboard users through personalized experiences.
We also have a weekly newsletter, Product Rantz. It compiles the greatest product growth and management news, best practices, resources, and trends, freshly sourced by Emilia Korcsynska, Userpilot’s head of marketing.
Here are some of our popular blogs that you might find interesting:
- Public Roadmap Examples and Tools to Use to Build Yours
- Product-Centric vs Customer-Centric: What’s the Difference, and How To Switch to a Customer-Centric Approach?
Product-led Growth – ProductLed
If you are in the SaaS industry, you must have heard of product-led growth many times. Well, Wes Bush is the founder of ProductLed and author of Product-Led Growth: How to Build a Product That Sells Itself- you can download a free copy of the book here.
If you want to learn more about product-led growth, industry news, strategies, tactics, and tips, then Product-led is the blog for you.
Must-read blogs from Productled:
- Beyond Free Trial & Freemium: The 6 Product-Led Models
- How to Build a B2B SaaS Product Development Strategy Using Data
Here is a list of SaaS blogs that cover topics in product marketing:
The Kalungi blog is about adopting SaaS strategies, including product marketing, inbound marketing, and content marketing. The blog focuses on educating users about implementing inbound marketing in their SaaS businesses.
You will find articles on SEO, customer retention, channel marketing, demand generation, and more.
Here are some of their blogs you might be interested in:
- How to create and execute a content audit for SaaS businesses
- 4 SaaS growth stages to achieve T2D3 growth
Product Marketing Alliance
The Product Marketing Alliance (PMA) blog is a leading SaaS marketing blog created by Richard King, the founder of PMA. His blog focuses on product marketing, SaaS metrics, sales enablements, and customer marketing.
One of the most valuable things about the PMA blog is that it explains complex product marketing information in an easy-to-understand manner.
If you want to pursue a career in product marketing or seek more information on the concept, then the PMA blog is the one for you.
Here are some of their recently published blog posts:
- Using customer-centricity to support your business
- Common challenges when gathering competitive intelligence
UX analytics and user feedback
Here is a list of SaaS blogs that cover topics in UX analytics and user feedback:
Hotjar is a website heatmap and behavior analytics tool with a blog providing content for UX, product, and digital empathy experts.
The Hotjar blog also covers the content on user research, PX insights, eCommerce, CRO, user research, behavior analytics, marketing, and much more.
All the blog posts are full of data and resources. Whether you are a Hotjar user or not, their blog will help you understand more about user research, marketing, and UX analytics.
Here are some of their best-published posts:
- How to use session recordings to improve user engagement and product adoption for your SaaS
- Why user behavior signals are vital for product teams
Mixpanel is an analytics platform that helps companies measure data and build better products through data.
The Mixpanel blog, the Signal, is all about using data to build better products and help you convert, engage, and retain more users. They cover product analytics, product metrics, data stacks, and much more.
In addition to blogs, they also provide other resources, such as their content library, events hub, and community. No matter if you don’t use their tool, you can always learn from their blog.
Here are some of their best-published posts:
- How to develop, measure, implement and increase feature adoption
- How we implemented data and analytics for product-led growth
FullSession is a behavioral analytics software for improving the digital customer experience. They provide tools to identify user friction points, and dropouts, and see insights behind every user interaction with your website.
The FullSession blog focuses on user behavior analytics and digital experience. Their blogs look into the best practices from SaaS experts on user analytics and building a digital user experience.
Here are some of their must-read blog posts:
- User Experience Analysis: How to Design Websites That Get People to Take Action
- Customer Journey Tracking: How to Map Your Customer’s Path to Conversion
Here is a list of SaaS blogs that cover topics in product management:
SVPG Insights Blog
Marty Cagan founded the Silicon Valley Product Group (SVPG) blog to share the knowledge and experience of tech industry leaders. The blog features in-depth articles on product management as well as relevant resources and workshops.
The SVPG insights blog is a great resource for product managers looking to stay up-to-date with the industry and advance their skills.
Here are some must-read posts from the SVPG insights blog:
The Product Management Blog by the Product School
As its name suggests, the product management blog focuses on product management and marketing. They also provide valuable information on data analysis and blockchain.
Founded in 2014, the product management blog is one of the best blogs for individuals looking to start a career in product development and looking for valuable resources.
Here are some must-read articles from the Product Management blog:
Here is a list of SaaS business blogs that cover topics in venture capital:
The Angel VC
Christoph Janz, a partner at Point Nine Capital, is an investor in his own right. His blog, Angel VC, is dedicated to talking about internet start-ups, SaaS, and early-stage investing.
Here are some of the must-read we recommend from the blog:
The respected author of this blog is an early-stage investor, entrepreneur, and co-founder of Techstars, Brad Feld. This is one of the best venture capital blogs dedicated to entrepreneurs and investors.
In his blog, Brad shares his invaluable experience with investments, entrepreneurship, and life in general.
Here are some of his must-read blog posts:
Here is a list of the best SaaS growth blogs:
Managed by Joel York, Chaotic flow is one of the best SaaS sales blogs. The blog focuses on SaaS marketing, SaaS sales, SaaS metrics, and cloud computing.
Joel York is a designer, developer, and startup advisor, so he uses his blog to share knowledge about the cloud computing industry, SaaS marketing strategies, and best practices to help marketers at SaaS companies.
One of the best things we love about the Chaotic Flow blog is it’s easy to read. The blog concepts are technical but simplified in a way that everyone can understand.
Check out these blog posts from Chaotic Flow:
- Cloud Computing vs. SaaS | Mass Customization in the Cloud
- SaaS Growth Strategy | A Customer Lifecycle Approach
Openview Partners is an expansion-stage venture capital firm that helps grow SaaS company. It helps SaaS firms by organizing, prioritizing, and extending the reach of teams in important areas such as acquisition & conversion, corporate development, retention & expansion, and executive network.
Aside from blog posts, they also share podcasts to give valuable insights on product-led growth.
Here are two must-read articles from the Openview blog:
- A New Era for PLG: Introducing the Age of Connected Work
- The New User Journey: Follow Your Users to Understand how to Excel at Go-to-Market
Here is a list of the best SaaS sales blogs:
Sales Hackers articles are ideal for sales leaders looking to make their sales team and processes more effective and efficient.
Here are two insightful blog posts from the Sales Hacker blog:
- The SaaS Playbook for Moving Up-Market
- How RevOps Can Use Sales Readiness Data for More Predictable Revenue Growth
SaaStr is one of the largest SaaS blogs created by Jason Lemkin, one of the biggest SaaS startup founders and venture capitalists.
The SaaStr blog focuses on SaaS-related content for different company stages. The blog contains abundant resources, including videos, audio, ebooks, podcasts, SaaStr academy, and a community of SaaS startups, founders, executives, and enthusiasts.
Here are two interesting posts from the SaaStr blog:
- 5 Interesting Learnings from Zoom at $4.3B in ARR
- The Hardest Part About SaaS Companies, At Each Stage
5 SaaS bloggers and influencers you need to follow in 2022
In this section, you will find some of the best SaaS bloggers and influencers who are known to provide top-notch content that can help you learn more about SaaS.
Popularly known as one of the earliest evangelists for customer success, Lincoln is a world-renowned growth architect, author, keynote speaker, and founder of Sixteen Ventures.
As the founder of Sixteen Ventures, a customer success consulting company, he has helped 300+ companies worldwide adopt customer success-driven growth as their operating model.
He manages the Sixteen Ventures blog, which focuses on growth-oriented customer success. Lincoln also shares his knowledge and experiences to help people understand customer success management, customer experience, churn mitigation, customer-centricity, and expansion revenue.
Here are some of his recently published posts:
- Customers Hate These 3 Things (and How to Avoid Them)
- The 5 Secrets of World-class Customer Success Managers
Andrea Saez is the senior product marketing manager at Trint, a speech-to-text platform that makes audio and video editable, searchable, and shareable. She is passionate about product management, growth strategies, and community engagement. She writes, hosts events, engages with customers, and applies product thinking to scale companies.
Here are some must-reads from Andrea on product management:
Teresa Torres is a product discovery coach, author, and speaker. She helps teams gain valuable insights from their customer interviews, run product experiences and drive product outcomes that create value for them and their customers.
She is the author of the book Continuous Discovery Habits and the founder of The Product Talk Academy and Blog. On the Product Talk blog, she discusses product experiments, customer interviews, people management, and more.
Here are some of her recently published blog posts:
- Ask Teresa: My Sales Team Won’t Let Me Talk To Customers. What Now?
- How Continuous Discovery Works (and Doesn’t) in Early-Stage Startups
Below, you can watch her talk about Continous Discovery at Product Drive 2021, a free virtual summit powered by Userpilot.
Dave Kellogg is an advisor, director, consultant, angel investor, and blogger at Kellblog.
He has 10 years of experience as CEO, CMO, and independent director across 10+ companies. He has worked with major SaaS companies like Salesforce and Host Analytics.
On the Kellblog site, he blogs about Silicon Valley, startups, industry disruption, and big business questions.
Here are some of his published posts:
- The Qualified Sales Leader: A Must-Read Book for Product-Oriented Founders
- SaaStr Europa Slides: The Top 5 Mistakes in Scale-Up
Ken Norton is a product management coach, speaker, startup advisor, and entrepreneur.
He had previously worked at Google as a product leader for 14 years, where he worked on products today used by over 3 billion people worldwide.
He started his website “Bring the Donuts,” where he shares several blogs with useful insights for product managers and businesses.
Here are some of his recent published blog posts:
The SaaS market is constantly evolving, so you must ensure your business thrives regardless of those changes. Staying up-to-date with the latest news, technologies, and ideas in the SaaS industry is crucial.
This is why we recommend following high-quality SaaS blogs and influencers that share their experiences and proven strategies.
If you want to deepen your knowledge about SaaS or get better insights into how your users behave inside the app, collect feedback contextually, and reach out to your customers to improve engagement and boost customer success, then get a Userpilot Demo and get started right away.