Collecting product feedback is one of the most undervalued processes when it comes to achieving SaaS product-led growth. Using the right product feedback tools can help you gain valuable insights quickly and help identify if your product is actually working well for your users.
Here are our top picks on the best 12 product feedback tools for your SaaS company.
- A product feedback tool allows you to collect feedback from users and stakeholders, quantify and analyze them to provide insights. It helps create a better user experience, measure customer satisfaction, boost customer loyalty and retention.
- To find the right product feedback tool, consider ease of use, range of functionalities, offered integrations, customization capacity, and the subscription price of the solution.
- Userpilot offers a great product feedback solution along with innovative user onboarding features.
- Hotjar offers behavior analytics and lets you collect qualitative, implicit feedback through multiple tools, including heatmaps, session recordings, and surveys.
- Typeform helps you create professional-looking surveys and feedback forms without requiring any technical knowledge.
- Feedier lets you gamify the feedback process and make it easier for customers to provide feedback.
- UserVoice, Zonka Feedback, and Mopinion help you collect and organize feedback across multiple channels.
- Delighted, Productboard and Canny allow you to gather actionable feedback from your customers and stakeholders.
- Usersnap’s bug tracking capacity, along with feedback management features, makes it a great choice for SaaS companies.
Table of Contents
- What Is A Product Feedback Tool
- Why Is It Important To Use A Product Feedback Tool?
- What To Look For In Product Feedback Tools
- 12 Best Product Feedback Tools
- Final Thoughts
What Is A Product Feedback Tool
A product feedback tool allows you to gather feedback from users and stakeholders and quantify and analyze them to provide insights that help you continuously improve your product.
Using product feedback tools, you get more than just analytics to gauge your performance. It can help you gather customer opinions and use the insights you gain to make your product better.
Why Is It Important To Use A Product Feedback Tool?
They Help Create Better User Experiences
A great user experience is a failsafe way of retaining more customers. It is also the best way of differentiating your product from your competitors.
A product feedback tool smoothens the process of collecting and managing user feedback. You can identify where your customers are facing issues and what improvements they are looking for.
Product feedback tools also allow you to be proactive in identifying customer needs and offer them the best version of your product.
Product Feedback Tools Help Measure Customer Satisfaction
The ultimate goal of a product is to satisfy customer needs.
But how do you understand if your customers are happy with your product?
Product feedback tools come with metrics like Net Promoter Score (NPS) or Customer Satisfaction Score (CSAT) to quantify how satisfied your customers are and how likely they are to spread positive word-of-mouth.
You can use these scores to create benchmarks for KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and make continuous efforts to improve customer satisfaction.
They Also Boost Customer Loyalty and Retention
It’s not easy to build trust with your customers. Especially in this highly competitive SaaS industry.
Collecting feedback promptly using product feedback tools and improving your product based on those insights make your customers feel heard and valued.
Research shows that 58% of consumers stop using a product after a single bad experience.
In contrast, if customers perceive that a brand is listening to them and striving to improve their experience, they are more likely to stay with the brand.
So, the best way of retaining your customers is to listen to them, understand their pain points, and create improvements accordingly. Product feedback tools make this entire process seamless.
What To Look For In Product Feedback Tools
There’s a ton of options on the market. So before you dig into trials – you need to narrow down your criteria to find the right product feedback tool catering to your needs. This will depend on your product type, target market, and budget.
Here are a few factors that everyone needs to consider when selecting a product feedback tool.
Ease of use
This is a no-brainer. The whole point of using an additional feedback tool is to make the process of managing product feedback a lot easier.
A good practice is to make sure your product team is on the same page while considering a tool’s ease of use. If using the tool requires technical knowledge, you need to consider the skill level of every member who’ll be using the tool.
Having a clear list of what jobs you need your feedback tool to do for you will make it a lot easier to find the right one. Consider the following:
- do you want to collect feedback in-app, or via email?
- if in-app: do you want your feedback survey to be contextual, i.e. appearing after the use of a specific feature or on a specific page? (Hey! Userpilot allows this!)
- do you want to collect quantitative or qualitative feedback?
It’s best when you can use your product feedback tool with your existing solutions instead of being standalone software.
The process of gathering and managing product feedback is intertwined with activities like customer support and debugging.
So look for product feedback solutions that can integrate with your existing tools like CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software to help you streamline the feedback management process.
Brands are getting more conscious about having a consistent identity across all channels. This applies to feedback tools as well.
Look for product feedback tools that come with customization features that let you adapt the surveys to your branding.
Apart from design, customization features can also extend to metrics used to measure and analyze your survey results.
A lot of product feedback tools don’t have their pricing plans listed publicly. These products generally have incremental pricing plans based on users, features or another metric. You need to contact their sales team to get an accurate price quote for the plan that fits your needs.
For tools having price listings on their website, make sure you calculate the exact subscription cost by taking your product, workload, and team size into account.
12 Best Product Feedback Tools
Compiling a list of best product feedback tools is never easy. But we’ve curated a list of 12 product feedback tools that hit the right balance between ease-of-use, functionality, and price.
Product Feedback Tool #1 – Userpilot
- Net Promoter Score (NPS) widget to help you start collecting NPS data in no time.
- Micro surveys to help tailor your user experiences to their persona, role etc. For example, you can ask the new user about their role/goals or jobs to be done in the welcome screen, and adjust the rest of their onboarding flow accordingly:
- Comes with a dashboard that displays all the collected NPS responses in one place:
- Gives access to customization features to make it compatible with your branding elements
- Segmentation and behavioral triggers to identify the most relevant users to push the NPS survey and micro surveys – also contextual feature surveys based on actual feature usage.
Userpilot pricing starts from $249 per month for 2500 active MAUs if paid annually. For monthly payments, the price is $299 per month. You can also opt for Enterprise packages if you need advanced customization features and priority support.
Product Feedback Tool #2 – Hotjar
Hotjar is a behavior analytics and product feedback solution that lets you collect feedback through multiple tools, including heatmaps, session recordings, and surveys.
- Allows you to create surveys easily to gather feedback from your users
- Provides heat maps and user recordings that help you identify how users are interacting with your product.
- Visualizes conversion funnels to help you find loopholes and increase conversion rates
- Comes with a great form analysis feature that measures how much time users are spending to fill particular form fields
- Allows you to create feedback polls that let you understand user behavior better
Hotjar has a free basic version under its Personal plan. The personal plan also has a paid version at $39 per month.
The Business plan comes with a 15-day free trial and starts from $99 per month for 500 daily sessions.
However, You need to opt for the Agency plan if you need unlimited client sites in one central account and rebrand the interface with your logo.
Product Feedback Tool #3 – Typeform
Typeform is a web-based platform that allows you to create professional-looking surveys and feedback forms without requiring any technical knowledge.
- Brilliant form designs
- Allows you to write questions in a conversational tone, keeping it consistent with your brand personality
- Comes with Live Preview Mode to track changes in real-time
- Offers analytics to access quick insights
- Includes a Logic Jumps feature allowing you to create branched and personalized surveys
Typeform is another tool that comes with a Free plan.
Its paid plan starts at $35 per month, with a discounted price of $30 per month for an annual subscription.
If you need a custom solution, you can contact their sales team for a price quote.
Product Feedback Tool #4 – Feedier
Feedier is a feedback platform that allows you to gamify the feedback process and make it easier for customers to provide feedback. It also allows you to interact with your customers after gathering feedback.
- A wide range of question types, allowing you to make the question as relevant as possible
- Custom branding features to help you keep the forms consistent with your branding
- Embed surveys into the app to make sure users don’t have to leave the platform to provide feedback
- Limited reporting features to get primary insights of customer responses
Feedier’s pricing isn’t publicly available and depends on the number of dashboards a business needs. You can opt for a demo if you want to understand if it’s the right tool for you.
Product Feedback Tool #5 – Qualaroo
Qualaroo is a robust feedback tool that allows product teams to collect valuable insights from users seamlessly. It comes with a range of features that lets you ask the right question to your users at the right time.
- Installation takes little to no time and doesn’t require any technical knowledge
- Pop-up surveys called Nudges make the survey contextual for the user without being intrusive.
- Offers sentiment analysis powered by its integration with IBM Watson’s Natural Language Understanding.
- Allows you to assess relevant keywords used by respondents, providing insights on customer satisfaction.
Qualaroo comes with a Free Trial. It offers a Premium plan that costs $100 per month for 100k tracked pageviews.
You also get a discounted price of $80 per month. You can pick the Enterprise plan if you are a large organization that requires better security, custom license, API, and more.
Product Feedback Tool #6 – UserVoice
UserVoice is a feedback tool that collects and organizes feedback from multiple sources and then converts it into measurable and actionable insights. This helps you stay updated on the latest conversations about your brand.
- Survey multiple products and compare them to identify the features that are high in demand.
- Creates a communication channel to interact with customers.
- Keep your work relevant by adding tags and categories to comments
- Use SmartVote surveys to identify the upgrades that provide the best value to the users
- Create NPS surveys easily and track results efficiently
UserVoice doesn’t have any publicly available pricing information. You need to contact its sales team for a price quote.
Product Feedback Tool #7 – Delighted
Delighted is a feedback tool that allows you to gather real-time, actionable feedback from your customers and stakeholders. Its impressive client portfolio includes brands like Uber, Cisco, and Slack.
- Create NPS surveys and analyze the NPS score to provide insights
- Get access to a real-time dashboard to stay updated on the latest data
- Create Customer Satisfaction surveys and Customer Effort Score surveys easily
- Surveys available in 37 languages, as well as multiple formats, including web, email, and SMS
Delighted offers a Free plan that limits the use to 1 delivery platform, 1 Project, a monthly survey send limit of 1,000, and a team size cap of 3 members.
Its paid plan starts from $224 per month and comes with a 7-day free trial.
Product Feedback Tool #8 – Canny
Canny is a feedback solution that allows you to capture, organize, and analyze product feedback. It can also generate automated reports to find the loopholes in user experiences.
- Clean and easy to use interface.
- Allows integration that lets you collect feedback from both customers and your team members and create a product roadmap based on it
- Allows you to create filters for reviews to help you identify the feedback gathered from specific user groups
- Provides access to privacy tools that help you restrict access to certain boards
- Custom branding features that let you add your logo and branding elements
- Lets you ensure better readability of entries using rich text and inline images.
Canny’s Starter plan starts at $50 per month. It also has a customizable Business Plan that comes with a dedicated account manager.
You can use its cost calculator to estimate the amount you will need to spend each month.
Product Feedback Tool #9 – Zonka Feedback
Zonka Feedback is a feedback and experience management platform that allows you to gather feedback across multiple channels.
- Provides real-time alerts to help you stay updated at all times
- Comes with powerful reporting features
- Includes a collaborative dashboard to help you make smarter decisions
- Available customer experience metrics include Net Promoter Score (NPS), Customer Effort Score, and Customer Satisfaction Score (CSAT)
- You can build workflows and automation with a range of integrations including, Zapier, Slack, Mailchimp, Hubspot, and more
Zonka Feedback offers a 15-day free trial. The Essential plan starts at $29 per month with a discounted price of $24 per month for an annual subscription.
It has two higher tiers named Professional and Growth plan as well as a robust Enterprise version.
Product Feedback Tool #10 – Productboard
Productboard is a product feedback tool that lets you collect feedback from customers and stakeholders. This is particularly useful when you are collaborating with clients while working on product improvements.
- Customer Feedback Portal allows product managers to collect fresh ideas from customers at scale.
- A feedback highlighter links the feedback to features and components of a webpage
- Auto-calculated scores help to determine the addressed user needs based on user feedback for each feature
- Offers integration with popular tools such as JIRA and Trello
Productboard comes with a 15-day free trial. Its Essentials plan costs $20 per month for each maker. It has two higher tiers named Pro and Scale, and its Enterprise plan provides better security, and more admin controls.
Product Feedback Tool #11 – Usersnap
Usersnap is a platform for managing feedback and tracking bugs, making it a great choice for SaaS companies.
- Screens unique sets of data and tracks error easily.
- Lets you accumulate feedback from your team members and users using a single window
- Allows users to provide feedback using screenshots, annotations, and comments.
- Allows the addition of metadata e.g. browser version, URL, screen size, and more automatically.
- Offers multi-language support
Usersnap offers a 14-day free trial. The Basic plan starts at $19 per month with a great discounted price of $9 per month for an annual subscription. This plan starts with 2 team members and 1 feedback project.
If you need more functionality, you can upgrade to the Startup or Company Plan. You can pick the Enterprise plan for a tailored, on-request plan to meet your specific needs.
Product Feedback Tool #12 – Mopinion
Mopinion is a feedback software that collects and analyzes feedback from multiple platforms in real-time.
- Easy to use interface, making it very easy to build and design feedback forms
- Use targeting to push the feedback forms to specific user groups
- Visualize feedback using customizable dashboards and charts
- Create smart alerts to notify team members for taking prompt actions
- Customization features to keep the interface consistent with your branding
Mopinion’s Growth plan starts at $289 per month with a discounted price of 229 per month. You can use this plan for up to 2,000,000 page views per month. The Growth plan doesn’t include in-app functionality.
You can upgrade to the Turbo plan if you need extended features or choose the Enterprise plan for getting rid of all limits, including the number of channels, dashboards, and domains.
The right product feedback tool will help you streamline the process of managing feedback and building a solid relationship with your customers.
You can use the list we’ve compiled as a starting point to find the product feedback tool that works for you. Remember to identify your needs first and then select a tool, not the other way around.